Good afternoon! I spend a lot of time writing so not all of my posts are long; most are short. I wanted to touch on the subject of anxiety.
How many of you have anxiety?
Did you know that most writers have anxiety in one way or another.
Do you think anxiety effects a writers manuscript in a good or bad way?
My thoughts on it are this, and is only my opinion. Anxiety is a trigger to any heightened emotions. Most people who suffer with anxiety can not verbally express it therefore it comes out through the writing they do. Each emotion they feel is expressed deeply. I think it helps create a book to the full depth of expression.
For example I’m passionate about life, love and nature; I see things in detail others might miss. I believe my anxiety has heightened my other senses. I’m sure if you have anxiety you have noticed your senses heightened too.
Anxiety can be attached to phobias. Here are a few examples:
- acrophobia, fear of heights
- aerophobia, fear of flying
- arachnophobia, fear of spiders
- astraphobia, fear of thunder and lightning
- autophobia, fear of being alone
- claustrophobia, fear of confined or crowded spaces
- hemophobia, fear of blood
- hydrophobia, fear of water
- ophidiophobia, fear of snakes
- zoophobia, fear of animals
- alektorophobia, fear of chickens
- onomatophobia, fear of names
- pogonophobia, fear of beards
- nephophobia, fear of clouds
- cryophobia, fear of ice or cold
There are different types of anxiety.
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Panic Disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Social Phobia (or Social Anxiety Disorder)
People can have more than one type of anxiety and they are usally attached to other disorders.
I have a social phobia/panic disorder. I live it daily from teh time my eyes open until I fall asleep.
If you suffer you are not alone. A lot of writer have anxiety and it helps to stick together.